So let's break out the blender.
Theres' a fine art to a solid smoothie. You could end up with a calorie bomb in a glass, or just a runny green mess. Neither option is really what you're going for. Experimenting with smoothie mixes is a good way to break my son out of a mood (he's only three, should it really start this early?), all it takes is a stocked pantry and freezer. Here's my starter smoothie shopping list.
- ground flax seeds (omegas, nutty flavour, thickener - store well in fridge for ages)
- natural nut butter, personal favourite is Adams (store upside down before opening, mix after opening then store in fridge)
- maple syrup
- dried dates
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- frozen, chopped bananas
- frozen raspberries
- frozen blueberries
- frozen, pre cooked beets
- frozen, cubed spinach (I cannot get onboard with kale in my smoothie)
- unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- plain yogurt
- coconut milk
- cold espresso (toss it in with a banana, some cocoa and almond milk)
MIX IT UP
- mint (try a frozen yogurt mango mint lassie with spinach)
- don't add kale (I wasn't kidding)
Get to mixing. Remember to add ice and that you never need as much liquid as you think you do.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly